Building a dome with our flexible profiles is a great solution both in terms of reduction of labour costs and construction time.
Flexibility, strength, quality, innovation: The Cobra curving profiles, and Concave & Convex studs have been invented to satisfy your sophisticated and creative needs. You can rapidly and easily install your own dome!
Below are a few simple steps for creating a dome with diameter of Ø 200 cm, on a ceiling of 3 x 3,50 meters:
- Install a flat false ceiling at the desired height
- The primary structure will be distanced at 80 cm, while the secondary one will be at 50 cm (Ceiling fixing with hangers at a distance 100 x 80 cm)
- Create the desired circumference from the false ceiling (hole at the base of the dome)
- Fix the Cobra 30 mm along the whole perimeter of the hole
- Obtain a circle (in wood or plasterboard) with a lower diameter than the previous one (about 30 cm) and fix it to the ceiling (with a spring hook) at the desired height
- By hand bend the Concave 60×27 studs and fix one end inside the Cobra profile (at the base of the dome) and the other one on the little circle
- The distance between the Concave Studs will be determined by the radius of the dome (variable distance)
- Proceed with the plasterboard laying (thickness 6 mm /10 mm), which will find a continuous structure for optimum shaping.
Follow this installation scheme to determine the distance between the curving profiles and the hangers:
Done! Take a look!
Download our Manual to find out more.
For any information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org